Lookup Tables

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

cklahr

Lookup Tables

Post by cklahr »

Is there a limit to the amount that can be entered into a lookup text field? I am entering data into specific fields. When I click Save, the changes are there, but when I go out of the lookup table and reopen it, the additional info is still missing. What could be the problem? Please advise.
Mark McKenna

Re: Lookup Tables

Post by Mark McKenna »

What version of Select?
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

The lookup tables underwent significant changes in 2.6, but nothing that would cause the behavior you are describing. How long of a text string are you talking about? The lookup table does not enforce any maximum length that may have been defined in the ProForm UI. For example, the City field on Property has a UI maximum length of 30. The City lookup table, however, allows you to enter a text string longer than 30 characters (you can save it, reopen it, and the text is all there). If you pull that entry into ProForm, however, the data would be truncated to 30 after the order is saved and reopened.

Please provide additional details (the lookup table, the associated ProForm field, etc.) and describe exactly what you are doing so that we can reproduce the behavior.
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

Below are two examples of lookups that got cut off in middle and more data was entered into the lookup. Every time I add the rest of the info, it saves until I exit SP, and then it's gone. The field is a flow test Custom Field.

Town of Blooming Grove
Joan L. Kelly, Town Tax Receiver
Town Offices
6 Horton Road
Blooming Grove, NY 10914
Phone: (845) 496-6670
Fax: (845) 497-2361

Washingtonville Schools
School Tax Collector
52 W Main St
Washingtonville, NY 10992
(84

Town of Halfmoon
Karen S. Pingelski, Receiver of Taxes
2A Halfmoon Town Plaza
Halfmoon, NY 12065
(518) 371-7410

Shenendehowa School
5 Chelsea Place
Clifton Park, NY 12065
(518) 881-0625

Mechanicville City School District
25 Knisern Avenue
M
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

Thank you for the details. We've investigated this and, as you might suspect, it looks like there is an issue with our mapping of custom field flowtext definitions to the appropriate lookup storage type, which is causing the data to truncate at 255. It does look to be specific to custom fields, and not flowtext fields internal to the Order object model. I've entered work item 25817 to address this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

Okay, please let me know when this issue has been resolved. Send me an email as well to cklahr@madisontitle.com.

Thank you.