Troubleshooting WCF

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

Gcorrigan

Troubleshooting WCF

Post by Gcorrigan »

Is there a way to troubleshoot or verify that WCF is working correctly on the server? From my API test project I get a "Method not found" error. From the web browser (http://127.0.0.1:8080/) I get "Service Unavailable". Is this a normal error when trying to browse 8080?
Hadi Chemaly

Re: Troubleshooting WCF

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

Try changing your project's build platform target from Any CPU to x86.
Gcorrigan

Post by Gcorrigan »

That fixed it. Thanks Hadi!!!
Gcorrigan

Post by Gcorrigan »

Actually, I have a new issue. I'm trying to get an order with the OrderTracking class and receive the error below.

"Failed to load the SoftPro business rules for order."

This is what I'm using for the OrderQuerySpec

new OrderQuerySpec() { BaseOrderNumber = @"00009" }
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

Try copying your program executable into the SoftPro Select client installation folder and running it from there. There are a number of libraries that are not directly referenced by your application that still must be present.
roteague

Post by roteague »

Mark McKenna wrote:Try copying your program executable into the SoftPro Select client installation folder and running it from there. There are a number of libraries that are not directly referenced by your application that still must be present.
You need to copy all SoftPro files, including everything in the data directories (which is where the business rules are).
Robert
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

That is another option. You can either run your executable from the Select directory, as originally prescribed, or copy "everything" to your program's directory as Robert mentions.