Project Reference not found

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

daniorg

Project Reference not found

Post by daniorg »

I am building a softpro UI integration so that when you click on a button that i added to the ribbon we perform custom logic.

However, my custom logic has another DLL that it is dependent upon (containing basic data object classes). It appears that when you run the project and register the package my project reference dll is not being copied to the appropriate folder because when I run SoftPro I get an error saying that Softpro couldnt load my assembly because the file was not found.

If I manually place my dependency DLL into the SoftPro Select directory everything works as planned.

How can I get this to happen automatically?

-Dan
Hadi Chemaly

Re: Project Reference not found

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

In your project file, you can redirect the output path of your project to the SoftPro Select folder:

Code: Select all

<OutputPath>$(ProgramFiles)\SoftPro\Select\</OutputPath>
daniorg

Post by daniorg »

OK, that will work for my development machine.

I have yet to actually deploy this to any regular, non-development machines so at this point I dont know the process....Can you tell me the recommended way of deploying a solution like this. How can I get Select to recognize my other Dll's?
Hadi Chemaly

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

The following post installing select add on should be good reference for setting up your package to run in a live environment. You may choose to develop a script, build an installer or any other means to push/pull your package assemblies to your client machines.