Security Integration w/4.3.41

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

uwdoug79

Security Integration w/4.3.41

Post by uwdoug79 »

With the new release of 4.3.41 I can't get my integration application to login through the mid tier with credentials that are working in 4.3.38. I consistently get a "Security Error" trying to create a SelectServer instance both using the new PIN technology and not using it. the only change in my application is re-compiling with the new DLL's. I have installed the new Client locally and am able to select the IL Futures sps server and login with a set of the credentials being used my my integration app with no issue. Logging in with a local client does not prompt me for a pin however.

Below is the code that is giving me the error:

Code: Select all

Uri uri = new Uri(sUri);
                            NetworkCredential creds = new NetworkCredential(sLogin, sPassword, "[SERVER]");
                            string dbPIN = sUri + sPIN;
                            Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("SPS_CERTPINS", dbPIN, EnvironmentVariableTarget.Process);

if (iConsole == 0) { WriteLog.WriteLine(Convert.ToString(DateTime.Now) + ": " + "Login/password set" + sLogin); } else { Console.WriteLine("Login/Password  " + sLogin + " / " + sPassword); }

/// ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                            /// connect to server and authenticate
                            /// ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                            /// 
                            using (SelectServer sps = new SelectServer(uri, creds))
                            {

DisambiguateLookups(sps);
                            }
2020-12-14 18_26_20-ivm-sdb-d001 - Connected - DameWare Mini Remote Control - [1].png
2020-12-14 18_26_20-ivm-sdb-d001 - Connected - DameWare Mini Remote Control - [1].png (37.79 KiB) Viewed 841 times
I have tried the suggestion of adding an environment variable to disable the check for PIN but the result is the same (providing I have added the variable correctly)

The code listed above works in production using the 4.3.38 DLLs.
Doug Hamilton
CHICAGO TITLE
20825 SWENSON DR SUITE 300 WAUKESHA, WI 53186
P: 262-796-3808 F: 262-796-3888
EMAIL: Doug.Hamilton@fnf.com
www.wi.ctic.com | www.chicagoagent.com | www.etitle.ws
BobRichards

Re: Security Integration w/4.3.41

Post by BobRichards »

Since I do not know what you are writing to the SPS_CERTPINS environmental variable - presumably something like:

// Example code enabling two separate servers with individual PINs.
Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("SPS_CERTPINS", "http://localhost:8080/|F351BA;http://localhost:8080/dev|F351BA")
Try a different approach just to see if we can get something else going. Use this instead:

// Disable PIN checking by local client.
Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("SPS_CERTPINS", 1);
Alternatively, you shouldn't need a PIN if you connect with a Active Domain account.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro