works on one, but not on the other

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

toddsou

works on one, but not on the other

Post by toddsou »

Hello-

I have a basic console app which uses the SDK to open an order, make a small edit, and then save the order.

When executed on my machine against a given order, it works. When the output folder is xcopy'd over to another dev's machine and executed against the same order it does not. The exception message is the following:

The order has unresolved errors. Any outstanding errors must be resolved before
the order can be saved.

When I modify the code to interrogate the IOrder.GetMessages() collection, I see the following:

There are outstanding order module compilation errors.

I know this validation message is typically related to CORs stuff, but since I received NO errors nor exceptions on the first machine, I'm questioning that line of thought.

I thought xcopy'ing the entire output folder of my console app would resolve any issues related to missing dll's, etc.

Thoughts appreciated.
toddsou

Re: works on one, but not on the other - SOLVED

Post by toddsou »

Solved. Just to follow up on my own thread-

The program worked on my machine because the library in question (IronPython.Modules.dll) was loaded from the GAC. On the other machines where the program failed, this library did not exist in the GAC. I had forgotten that I had installed IronPython.NET a few months back, and that dll was included in that package.

I wish the SoftPro SDK project templates included these missing references (...AppInsights, ...Scripting, etc). But until that day comes....

Hopefully, this helps someone else out with a similar problem.

Regards-
BobRichards

Re: works on one, but not on the other

Post by BobRichards »

Thanks for posting the fix! I was wondering if IronPython was missing and was looking through the forums.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro