Delete unused records

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

mpkaplan

Delete unused records

Post by mpkaplan »

We have dozens of records that were created and were then unused or replaced by newer records. Other than creating a dummy "deleted" user profile and moving all of those unused records, can you re-implement a function to delete these records?

It is my understanding from support, this was a function that was removed in late 2012.
BobRichards

Re: Delete unused records

Post by BobRichards »

What kind of records?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
mpkaplan

Post by mpkaplan »

Softpro title case records. IE: start a new title process, it canceled or loan type change from HUD to conventional. Need to get rid of that record (case).
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

The question is clear to me now. You are correct in that we do not have a mechanism to delete orders once one is saved.
  • However from the Order screen, you can rename the original order to a new name. That will free up the original order name for reuse.
  • To convert one settlement type to another, you can create a new order and use the original order as a template. It should reliably copy the contacts, properties, policies and some other things but not everything.
  • Combine both techniques to reuse the same order number and change the settlement type.
mpkaplan

Post by mpkaplan »

But the ultimate goal is to have the ability of delete ones that are never used... Unfortunately this happens often.
DanAtMPL

Post by DanAtMPL »

Hope it's not a problem to resurrect old threads, but my question is related to a response here...

@BobRichards, you said:
from the Order screen, you can rename the original order to a new name. That will free up the original order name for reuse.
Is this still possible? I have a situation with one of my users who would like to rename a template. I've looked through both the order screen as well as within SPAdmin and don't immediately see a way to rename anything. Can you tell me how?

Thank you in advance.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

You can rename templates at any time. Orders can be renamed up to the time revenue transactions are posted.

To do either of these actions, open the template/order and look in the Order toolbar for the Rename Order command (in the Actions ribbon area). Note that when you open a template, the command is still "Rename Order".
2021-06-03_10-40-07.png
2021-06-03_10-40-07.png (41.8 KiB) Viewed 3778 times
DanAtMPL

Post by DanAtMPL »

JEEZ! My eyes must have glazed over that button because I've never had a reason to use it before, and therefore ignored it. THANK YOU! :D