Visual Studio Templates in VB.NET

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

roteague

Re: Visual Studio Templates in VB.NET

Post by roteague »

John Morris wrote:I believe I have found the issue. Can you try installing the SDK on a machine that HAS had both VS2005 and VS2008 installed? The bug is potentially around an incorrect version reference, and it is looking for version 8 (2005) when it should be looking for version 9 (2008).
Solved the problem, but perhaps not in the correct way (It seems that normally the template files are stored within zip files). I pulled the files out of the zip files into their parent directories. Both project types can now be created successfully.

They were in the proper directories:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\VisualBasic\SoftPro\Select
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\SoftPro\Select

However, I'm not sure if this will cause issues with future releases.
Robert
JDavis

Re: Visual Studio Templates in VB.NET

Post by JDavis »

I have VS 2005 and VS 2008 installed on my machine. Initially, I had the same problem that Robert described after upgraded from SP1 to SP3. While the template options showed in VS 2008 I'd get the same error about SoftPro.VisualStudio.Templates. I comfirmed that this assembly was not in the GAC so I re-ran the SDK installer and selected the Repair option. This successfully fixed the problem and I'm able to create new VB or C# packages.