Package was working. Suddenly not.

Discussions related to installation and setup of SoftPro products.
ddudley3

Package was working. Suddenly not.

Post by ddudley3 »

I went run the package I had built after a couple of days and suddenly the Ribbon isn't there. I looked at Windows Event Log and found an error but it's coming out on the Compile/build and not when I run.
I am unaware of any code changes regarding the Commands.

I'm not sure what is wrong. I have tried to unregister it and re register it and this has not resolved this error.
Any ideas?

The commands for package ITCRibbon were not merged. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Call Stack:
at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
at System.Diagnostics.TraceEventCache.get_Callstack()
at SoftPro.Select.LogTraceListener.OnLog(TraceEventCache eventCache, String message, TraceEventType eventType)
at SoftPro.Select.LogTraceListener.TraceEvent(TraceEventCache eventCache, String source, TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String message)
at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.TraceEvent(TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args)
at System.Diagnostics.Trace.TraceError(String message)
at SoftPro.Select.Managers.CommandManager.MergeCommandTables()
at SoftPro.Select.Runtime.OnSetup()
at SoftPro.Select.Runtime.Start()
at SoftPro.Select.Automation.EnvICE.Start()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.ServerObjectTerminatorSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)
at SoftPro.Select.Shell.SynchronizationContextAspect.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Lifetime.LeaseSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.ServerContextTerminatorSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossContextChannel.SyncProcessMessageCallback(Object[] args)
at System.Threading.Thread.CompleteCrossContextCallback(InternalCrossContextDelegate ftnToCall, Object[] args)
at System.Threading.Thread.InternalCrossContextCallback(Context ctx, IntPtr ctxID, Int32 appDomainID, InternalCrossContextDelegate ftnToCall, Object[] args)
at System.Threading.Thread.InternalCrossContextCallback(Context ctx, InternalCrossContextDelegate ftnToCall, Object[] args)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossContextChannel.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.CallProcessMessage(IMessageSink ms, IMessage reqMsg, ArrayWithSize proxySinks, Thread currentThread, Context currentContext, Boolean bSkippingContextChain)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.InternalInvoke(IMethodCallMessage reqMcmMsg, Boolean useDispatchMessage, Int32 callType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(IMessage reqMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at SoftPro.Select.Automation.EnvICE.Start()
at SoftPro.Select.Automation.EnvICE.Run(String rootSuffix, Boolean noSplash, Boolean setupMode, Boolean log, Boolean embedding, Boolean allowMultipleInstances, Boolean detectLeaks, Dictionary`2 args, String freeArg)
ddudley3

Re: Package was working. Suddenly not.

Post by ddudley3 »

nm.

Something was amiss with this package. I could never determine what.
I created a new package and it worked fine. So I ported all the work I had done over the new one and deleted the old one.

Would have been nice to have a way to track down what it had a problem with however.
ddudley3

Post by ddudley3 »

it soon stopped working again... randomly

when I change something, AsemblyInfo.cs, something else. nothing consistently.

It's giving me the same error.
ddudley3

Post by ddudley3 »

found out what I was doing wrong.

setting the Culture inside the AssemblyInfo.cs by mistake.

Once I stopped doing that I had this error go away.