Uninstall Cleanly

Discussions related to installation and setup of SoftPro products.
ddudley3

Uninstall Cleanly

Post by ddudley3 »

I would like to start over with Installing the Softpro Client 4.1 and have it remove all registry, ProgramData and User\AppData folder information.

like I never had it installed.

So I can reinstall and have a clean environment. Is that possible?

I ask because when I uninstall the client, it's not removing the registry settings, it's not removing the ProgramData or AppData folders.

Please advise.

Thanks,
David
BobRichards

Re: Uninstall Cleanly

Post by BobRichards »

We do not remove the prior SoftPro client environment during an uninstall since typically it is followed immediately by an install of an upgraded client. We preserve all packages that were previously loaded on the client as well as MRU order list and other information. If you want to remove all vestiges of the client application:

WARNING: WE STRONGLY DISCOURAGE EDITING YOUR ENVIRONMENT IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS SINCE MANUALLY EDITING YOUR SYSTEM CAN RESULT IN AN UNSTABLE SYSTEM IF DONE INCORRECTLY!
  • Uninstall the Select Client using the Add/Remove Programs utility.
  • Use "regedit" to remove the registry hive: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SoftPro
  • Delete folder "\Users\{UserAccount}\AppData\Local\SoftPro\Select"
  • Delete folder "\Users\{UserAccount}\AppData\Roaming\SoftPro\Select"
  • Delete folder "%ProgramData%\SoftPro\Select"
WARNING: WE STRONGLY DISCOURAGE EDITING YOUR ENVIRONMENT IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS SINCE MANUALLY EDITING YOUR SYSTEM CAN RESULT IN AN UNSTABLE SYSTEM IF DONE INCORRECTLY!
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro