How to detect SA when Invoice line items are assigned

Discussions related to writing and managing custom business rules.

Moderator: Phil Barton

brianc_la

How to detect SA when Invoice line items are assigned

Post by brianc_la »

Currently there is a core validation that prevents the Settlement Agent from deletion when Hudlines have bill codes that are assigned to the hud to contact (like a Settlemtent Agent).
I want to accomplish this behavior for Invoice Line items. Unfortunateley the invoice line items do not have hudto-like assignment. Is there any way to detect the deletion of the Settlement Agent while there are invoice line items present? IS there another control on the page that might make for a Field Validation that enforces the precence of a contact that is a Settlement Agent?

Thanks
brianc_la

Re: How to detect SA when Invoice line items are assigned

Post by brianc_la »

I also thought I should mention that the BillTo or RemitTo are not candidates for field validations according to the end users.
Phil Barton

Re: How to detect SA when Invoice line items are assigned

Post by Phil Barton »

If I understand your requirement correctly, you want to prevent a contact (in this case the settlement agent) from being deleted if that contact has a related item on an invoice line - similar to the functionality of the HUD lines. This functionality is not contained within a business rule as are other validation rules. This is a coded rule within an underlying, internal class. Therefore, a standard business rule cannot be created for this functionality in that there are not "delete" business rule validations. The only thing I can recommend is that each line on an invoice for the settlement agent is generated from a HUD-related item.
Phil Barton
Software Architect
SoftPro